Monday, April 9

The Unbiased Opinion: A Summary of a Different View

The majority of my baseball knowledge comes from two men, infatuated with arguing with each other, but in the corner I have always sat listening. Waiting for my chance.

Call me Julian Tavarez or Kyle Snyder. Heck, call me David Pauley. Tonight, I sit here on my computer, where I have read just about every post of this blog. Requested to act as the “5th starter”, as my older brother Kevin stated, beseeched to fabricate a post for him. (Slacking on April 9th…I’m not impressed) Anyways, lets get to it.

Some people might not understand through words how true some of the statements made going back and forth between Tom and Kevin are. Trust me, you have no idea. Living in the same house and playing the part of son to Tom, I know first hand. This friends, is no joke. Nothing is made up. It’s all, sadly enough, real. I honestly wish that some of this were juiced up for the blog. Simply enough, I have the behind the scenes look at all that happens between the “Fear Strikes Out” writers. I feel inclined to share this information with all you readers.

When Papelbon came out last night and closed up the game I’d never seen Tom run so fast. He jumped out of his seat, about 10 feet high, and left a trail of fire as he sprinted down the stairs to find his wife. Immediately I hear him loudly gloat, as he made sure she knew he was right and her eldest son was wrong. (In my opinion, I’m guessing she could have cared less. Disney plans and gardening are far above “Fear Strikes Out” on her priority list.) I guess the little things make Tom happy. Good for him. :-)

So what’s my position in all of this? First of all, Kevin tries to trick me into all this statistical mumbo jumbo. Tom lures me into bunting ideas and team moral junk. I pass on the equations of Kevin, and the psychological thoughts of Tom. I side with neither. I’m the unbiased force, which keeps these two men in competition. Trying to convince me to side with them, saying things like “I am the better one”, “the other is wrong”, “He is a bad influence”, “Don’t listen to him.” Stuff to that degree.

The Red Sox have become more about keeping up to date on this blog than anything. In my opinion, no show on TV is as hilarious as getting a phone call from my brother at 12:15 am on a Friday night, telling me how he plans to rip my father the next day. So in order to enjoy the battle of wits, I have to really take note of all the news and games, which create Red Sox baseball. Otherwise I can’t put words in Kevin’s mouth, and convince Tom he actually said it. That’s the real fun in it. I know I’m horrible.

Moving along to present time. You might wonder, why am I up so late on a Monday night? Well I can answer that with great delight. Kevin brought to my attention, as he often does, a very interesting stat tonight while conversing with him on the phone. I may not have a degree in writing, or the desire to read every book in sight as my elders do, but I can tell you I have surpassed them in one achievement. This stat: At age seventeen, I will be making history, as the first of us three to attend Opening Day at Fenway Park.

Tom always said, “Life is about connections. Experience and connections.” You’re so right Tom. Having a friend with the access to four tickets is what I call a useful connection! I made sure to let Kevin and Tom know about this. In fact I believe it was something like every day, twice a day, for the past 5 to 7 days. So what’s my opinion on this years opening day? Well, I can’t tell you what is going to happen as far as a box score, but missing school and seeing Josh Beckett equals nothing but a complete definition of my senior slide.

So, with that, I must go to my closet and find all my blue and red clothing. Prepare to bundle up in the morning and set my alarm for 9:30. For tomorrow is a big day. A day that I shall make history. Oh, and Tom and Kevin, I will call you to let you know how the games going. Have fun at work!

8 comments:

Tom Condardo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom Condardo said...

Corey, great post for your first time at bat. Couple of observations
1. I now understand how the children always suffer in these cases
2. You're not in college yet. Let's see you get there first.
3. I hope it's really cold at the game today and you end up in the shade.

Anonymous said...

I argued with Kevin for 10 minutes last night about how I should be Corey in High School. He insisted on Corey in College because "I'm in."

Talk to your partner.:-)

Anonymous said...

I love the drama...Keep it coming

Kevin in New York said...

Special thanks to my dear brother, Kason Gabbard Condardo, for picking up the spot start tonight. We'll be hearing from him sporadically throughout the season. I hope someone spills a beer on you today.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

L.O.L. NICE JOB! Noreen